Our vision is surmised by our motto at GYC, which is “our future, our responsibility”. We believe that children and young people are our collective future and therefore it is our responsibility to ensure each child and young person in our care is offered every opportunity to reach their personal potential. To meet our responsibility we:
- Believe that all children and young people regardless of race, religion, gender or cultural background in out of home care deserve the right to live in an environment that keeps them safe and free from exploitation.
- Assert that our children and young people are afforded all the opportunities of the average Australian young person.
- Pride ourselves on being second to none in our relentless pursuit for resident outcomes.
- Are committed to achieving and articulating our results working with children and young people.
- Resolve to meet and exceed quality of care standards.
To provide a residential out of home care environment that ensures and promotes:
Safety: for our children and young people, through an environment free of exploitation, violence and abuse.
Security: for our children and young people by developing and fostering professional attachments, rules, routines and positive role modelling.
Stability: for our children and young people, by remaining consistently and loyally committed to the team, leadership and organisation.
Empowerment: of our children and young people, through a program that skilfully provides assistance that leads to self-reliance, individualism and resilience.
A therapeutic environment: that heals and empowers children and young people, by implementing a well informed and therapeutic care program tailored to each individual’s needs.